Friday, July 3, 2009

The Madder I Get the More I Want to Dance


This is a cross post I put on my Big Beautiful Belly Dancing Tribe on Tribe.net.

Sometimes it seems like we are working and working on building up our self esteem. Learning to dance is a piece of cake compared to learning to keep your self esteem in a good place.

Today I posted on Flickr some photos of my legs for 'Fishnet Friday'. Now I do get a lot of good comments on my photos, but somehow those don't really stick with me. But a woman on Flickr left a comment that was only 2 words. And those 2 words sent me into an emotional tailspin, once again making me wonder why we let such trivialities affect our fragile little egos. Those two words were 'Ugly Woman". I blocked her, but then after I got my head together I went to look at her photo stream. She has 1984 in her flickr name so I'm thinking she's about 25. Other than the headshot on her avatar, the rest of her photos are blocked from public view. In short, she can dish it out but can't take it. But enough about her.

I went to Youtube to listen to a vlog I had seen last year about fat belly dancers. Let me put the link below.

Basically we all have days when we feel pretty and days when we feel ugly, but when all is said and done we still have to live our lives. I don't want to give up any of my dreams or my life because random people think I'm ugly. I wish I could just put this issue to bed once and for all and just love myself, like myself, like the way I look in the mirror, and just not care what others think. The haters are out there, have always been out there, and aren't going away anytime soon. And the more you put yourself out there in public, whether it's on youtube, or dancing at you local events, you will no doubt attract some of these haters that have nothing better to do than take a shot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpjA_eNPbqA




The photo here is the one they left the comment on.

No comments: