Monday, January 5, 2009

The Midnight Hour

The lovely thing about being alone tonight is I got to do my workout at midnight, something I never would have done if someone was trying to get some sleep in here. And at least for the moment, the living room is cleared out enough to dance in. I'll try to keep it clear, but my boyfriend is so often at cross purposes with that. He starts projects in there and doesn't clear them away for days. I thought I'd miss him more but I'm thrilled to have the space. For the last month his new bike (in pieces) has been parked in the living room. He only moved it because my daughter and son-in-law came to visit, and we had to fold out the sleeper sofa. It frustrates me that he won't do it just for me, but he'll do it for company. Every time I clear a dance space he fills it with boxes because 'there is no other place to set them down'. Well, where would he have set them if I didn't just clear a 10x10 foot space? I don't know if non-dancers will ever understand how much we need space we can work out in.

No comments: